Saturday, January 1, 2011

sweet spirit of adoption

a sampling of sorts: 

[viewing a video on Thanksgiving about adoption...C's jaw dropped when he heard that there are 145 million orphans in the world]


whispering to me during service:  "mommy, that's a lot of people that need a family.  i'm glad we're adopting." 


me too, bud.  me too. 


[praying tonight before bedtime]


"and dear God, please forgive me for dumping out my Clear Blue bottle to give the money to Aunt Sarah and Uncle Matty for their adoption.  i knew You would be ok with it." 


[a conversation one evening]

C:  "mommy, why haven't we adopted yet?"

"buddy, its really complicated...we're going to.  but sometimes God's timing isn't our timing.  mommy has to pray for patience, too..."

C:  [very matter of fact]  "sometimes i run out of patience.  but then i ask God to fill me back up again, and He does." 

i was blown away by his very child-like answer...and then i realized how right he was.  it really IS that easy...


Psalm 37:5-7a
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't express how much I love this little boy. His heart for God and the world and for adoption makes my heart feel like bursting. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete